Friday, March 27, 2009
It has been brought to my attention at least once a night, if not two or three times, that you are still not sleeping through the night. Complaints are starting to roll in from members of the household. I've assured them that I would speak with you about this and that I was sure you would do your best to give it a go and change your ways.
Just because you are perhaps the sweetest little one I've ever met does not mean that I want to continue to wake up with you every single night. Yes, you are so cuddly, soft and warm and yes your eyes make my heart melt (see attached) but I can appreciate these things in the daytime just as much as in the nighttime. I will give you credit though for deciding to sleep in your crib instead of in bed with me.
Your big brother decided he could sleep through the night one day shy of his 4 month birthday. I will never forget that night, it was May 24th, 2006 in case you wanted to know. You can see how important that day was to me as I have not forgotten when it happened. So, on that note, I'm giving you a deadline, April 4th, 2009. You will be one day shy of 4 months old on this day. If Brady can do it, I'm sure you can too.
Please take these thoughts into your consideration. I appreciate you wanting to spend time with me but trust me little Lulu, I will be a much better Mama to you during the day if I can have my rest at night.
Sincerely (with lots of love and affection),
P.S. And Lulu, just so you know, I will really miss you at night when you decide you can do it. More than I care to admit.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Brady's self portrait while riding in the car.
Swimming with Dada
On Monday the weather was gorgeous! Mike's meeting started at 12noon so he rode the Metro with us to the Captial Building. And then I was own my own! So we headed to the Air and Space Museum which of course any little boy would love.
Then we ran around on the Mall lawn and rode the Carousel.
The picture above and below were taken by me so this is the best I could do!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
"Alkie" is in the right hand corner of this picture, she likes it close to her face, just like her big brother.
And my Brady Bear at just over 10 months old, showing us his "alkies" that of course still accompany us everywhere we go.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
2. Which reminds me, we have to "spring ahead" this weekend. ALREADY?? And just what a mother of an infant wants to think about, losing an hour of sleep. Awesome.
3. We, meaning all of us, are going to Washington D.C. on Sunday. Mike has a conference that starts on Monday so we are going to jump in the mini and head to our nation's Capital. I think I might be crazy to go stay in a hotel with 2 kiddos for 5 days when it is technically still winter but we'll figure it out and make the best of it. Mike booked a room at Embassy Suites so we'll have two rooms, a small kitchen, and a nice pool. That alone will keep my little fishy happy. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can venture out to some of the museums and monuments with them. Any suggestions on what a 3 year old would like in D.C.?
4. Here are some more pictures from our trip to Pittsburgh, specifically pictures from The McCarthy Family reunion/Grandma's 91st Bday Celebration
Dana and I
Liza, Dana and I.
L-R Todd, Trey, Dana, Dan and I
7. I must get out today sometime to buy New Moon. I can't stop thinking about what is going to happen!!
8. I haven't given anything up for Lent yet.
9. We have 10 friends having babies between now and September. 2009 is turning into the year of the baby. What a joyous, fantastic thing to celebrate. And 6 of these couples are having their first baby, little do they know they are joining the best club around.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Just some shots of Lucy I got while home.
Do you see how she's looking at him, she is always trying to get his attention. She adores him. Sometimes, the feeling is mutal, like on this day in their room at my parents. He had climbed from the bed into her crib.
Well this just turned into a shorter post than I intended as I am having lots of trouble uploading pictures right now onto blogger! So consider this post 1 of 2. I'll try again later!