Friday, August 29, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
It's nothing special but to Brady it's everything and that's all that matters. It's about a 5 min. walk from our front door which is awesome. Fresh air, no car ride, Coaly can come. In an ideal world, the only thing missing from this park are some swings and a few benches. Put perhaps that's something that the neighborhood can work on getting together for the dozens of kiddos that live here.
The other hidden secret we found just down the street is a farm market with fresh every kind of produce you can think of, all grown right there on the property. We walked out with 5 lbs. of Honey Crisp Apples (my absolute favorite and hard to find) and 3 ears of corn for dinner all for $4.00. The apples are delicious, I've had two since we got home! Brady hit the jackpot while we were there, the older gentleman (what a kindred spirit he was, I could tell) gave him two fresh peaches and a cucumber (his favorite). We will be going there a couple times a week that's for sure. We watched two tractors pulling wagons full of apples while two dogs ran around the wheels of the tractors. It was very nostalgic. Made both B and I happy.
By the way, B and I are having a wonderful day together. Smooth sailing today. He had a popsicle for breakfast, perhaps that helped! Good way to start out the day :) And so far today, two police officers have sat on our street patrolling the race car drivers. That makes me happy.
It's cloudy, cool and threatening rain here in Dayton, OH. It's a perfect afternoon to read or nap or watch TV. Or maybe all three! Happy Wednesday.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
1. I can't believe that it is practically Labor Day weekend. Where did the summer go? This too reminds me that this baby girl in my tummy will be arriving sooner than later! I'm excited that Mike has a 4 day weekend coming up.
2. Brady and I have been at odds the past few days. We both are just stubborn and that is never a good combination. I can't decide if this is "terrible 2's", just a phase or just a general reaction to all the changes in his life as of recent. Perhaps it's a bit of everything! Or maybe it's me, not him? :) Naaaaaah.
3. I finally found the battery charger for my camera but have only taken one picture which I will post below. I tried to get Brady to make some movies for me today but he wouldn't. Stubborn, see, I told you.
4. I love having the laundry room on the 2nd floor! It's so nice having it right by the bedrooms, it means that I (well right now until the novelty wears off) actually fold the clothes in a timely manner and take them right to our room or B's room and put them away. In our Bellbrook house, sometimes they would sit in a pile on the floor for days, I'll admit.
5. Our house sits on street in our new neighborhood that connects to an old neighborhood and some back roads that take you to the grocery store, Wal-Mart, etc. Well because of this, apparently people use it a lot as a "short cut" and wow, do they fly down the street. I mean we're talking upwards of 40 miles/hour on a neighborhood road where children and/or dogs live in practically every house. Speed limit is 25mph. Today I decided to contact the police regarding my concern. And not 2 hours later, a patrol car was sitting in front of our house. I was so happy! It was great to see the cars creep down the street seeing the officer's presence. Unfortunately he can't stay there forever and sure enough after he left (he stayed for about 30 mins.) the cars were flying up and down the road again. The Sgt. in charge of the "patrol division" that I spoke to assured me that they would provide better speed enforcement on our street from now on so hopefully once these race car drivers see the police around more frequently they will think twice and ease up. I was very impressed with the immediate attention they showed for my concern.
6. This is a sad story, if you have this dog toy, please throw it away. We don't own one but I've definitely seen it in the stores before.
7. The lone picture I took today is of the beautiful roses my dear dear friend Sarah sent to me late last week. I was instructed to place them in my new kitchen which I did. I'm only sorry that I didn't take the picture earlier when the flowers were at their best. They are still gorgeous and they look great with the wall color. Thank you Sarah. Oh how we all miss you, G and David.
8. I saw at Wal-Mart today that New Kids on the Block is releasing a new CD on September 2nd! LOL. Seriously?!?! What a riot. Gosh I loved them in Elementary School. Also on September 2nd for any of you 90210 fans, check out the season premier of the new 90210 on the CW. I think the tag line is "new drama, same zip code". I'm looking forward to going over to my friend Laura's house to watch it. So in one day you can get a new NKOTB CD and watch 90210. What a day that could be.
9. I'm looking to have some new pictures of Brady taken. I'm looking for something better than Portrait Innvoations/Sears/etc. Does anyone know a photographer in Dayton that will do on-location sessions like at a park, garden, etc?
10. I hope you are having a peaceful night and a good week.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Hope you all are having a nice weekend.
Friday, August 22, 2008
In Brady's room on his 3rd day home, January 29, 06
Asleep with Dada in February of '06
On the hammock in August of '06
Brady's 1st Birthday.
Some of your very first steps in April of '07
On the porch swing with your very first and best friend, Grace.
Thanks for the memories silly old house. And yes I know, get a grip Jen, I can hear these words from my Mom and sister :)
What is left of our Bellbrook house will be moved over tomorrow - all the big stuff, the beds, Thomas the Train table, kitchen table, couch, etc. We will start "living" there tomorrow night! We will be without internet and a land line until Thursday, the 28th so this might be the last post until then. Direct TV will come tomorrow afternoon, please, Mike couldn't miss a day without the TV this close to football season. Like I said, priorities....until next time.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Lunch time! Inside the butterfly house.
Looking for Dada inside the maze, they were playing hide 'n' seek.
*And two things I have to write down for my sake before I forget that Brady has told me in the past two days....
"Mama, I cannot give you a hug because hugs are expensive"
"Mama, my waffles are dancing in my belly with orange juice"
Friday, August 15, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
MeMa took a turn riding in this silly spinning cup that Brady insisted we ride on
3 of his 4 turns on the carousel.
Forbes Field August '08
Monday, August 11, 2008
Brady's Blue Room
Lucy's Turquoise Room!
The cookie bouquet!
Opening a gift from Aunt Karen who lives in Denver.
Friday, August 1, 2008
Fine. Here you go. I've been asked by some of my friends to show my pregnant tummy to the world. So here it is. Mike took these two pics this evening. 22 weeks along, about 8 lbs later. I have been very self concious about this pregnancy for some reason, I'm not very accepting of the changes my body is going through, I know, whine whine whine. Baby Lucy is healthy and I'm healthy and that's what matters most. I am still wearing "normal" clothes but I imagine give me another week or two and I'll have to break out some maternity clothes. By the way, check out my hibiscus tree. Isn't it gorgeous? Today it had 8 BLOOMS!!!! I wish they lasted more than one day! It's the only thing in my garden that is thriving this year. I'm proud of it :)
At The Activity Park enjoying the water!