1. I can't believe that it is practically Labor Day weekend. Where did the summer go? This too reminds me that this baby girl in my tummy will be arriving sooner than later! I'm excited that Mike has a 4 day weekend coming up.
2. Brady and I have been at odds the past few days. We both are just stubborn and that is never a good combination. I can't decide if this is "terrible 2's", just a phase or just a general reaction to all the changes in his life as of recent. Perhaps it's a bit of everything! Or maybe it's me, not him? :) Naaaaaah.
3. I finally found the battery charger for my camera but have only taken one picture which I will post below. I tried to get Brady to make some movies for me today but he wouldn't. Stubborn, see, I told you.
4. I love having the laundry room on the 2nd floor! It's so nice having it right by the bedrooms, it means that I (well right now until the novelty wears off) actually fold the clothes in a timely manner and take them right to our room or B's room and put them away. In our Bellbrook house, sometimes they would sit in a pile on the floor for days, I'll admit.
5. Our house sits on street in our new neighborhood that connects to an old neighborhood and some back roads that take you to the grocery store, Wal-Mart, etc. Well because of this, apparently people use it a lot as a "short cut" and wow, do they fly down the street. I mean we're talking upwards of 40 miles/hour on a neighborhood road where children and/or dogs live in practically every house. Speed limit is 25mph. Today I decided to contact the police regarding my concern. And not 2 hours later, a patrol car was sitting in front of our house. I was so happy! It was great to see the cars creep down the street seeing the officer's presence. Unfortunately he can't stay there forever and sure enough after he left (he stayed for about 30 mins.) the cars were flying up and down the road again. The Sgt. in charge of the "patrol division" that I spoke to assured me that they would provide better speed enforcement on our street from now on so hopefully once these race car drivers see the police around more frequently they will think twice and ease up. I was very impressed with the immediate attention they showed for my concern.
6. This is a sad story, if you have this dog toy, please throw it away. We don't own one but I've definitely seen it in the stores before.
7. The lone picture I took today is of the beautiful roses my dear dear friend Sarah sent to me late last week. I was instructed to place them in my new kitchen which I did. I'm only sorry that I didn't take the picture earlier when the flowers were at their best. They are still gorgeous and they look great with the wall color. Thank you Sarah. Oh how we all miss you, G and David.
8. I saw at Wal-Mart today that New Kids on the Block is releasing a new CD on September 2nd! LOL. Seriously?!?! What a riot. Gosh I loved them in Elementary School. Also on September 2nd for any of you 90210 fans, check out the season premier of the new 90210 on the CW. I think the tag line is "new drama, same zip code". I'm looking forward to going over to my friend Laura's house to watch it. So in one day you can get a new NKOTB CD and watch 90210. What a day that could be.
9. I'm looking to have some new pictures of Brady taken. I'm looking for something better than Portrait Innvoations/Sears/etc. Does anyone know a photographer in Dayton that will do on-location sessions like at a park, garden, etc?
10. I hope you are having a peaceful night and a good week.