Thursday, August 27, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
She didn't take an afternoon nap on Tuesday so I thought for sure by 7:30p she would be out like a light. I put her down and 20 minutes later she's still entertaining herself in her crib. So I go in to see what all the shrieking (in delight) was all about. And this is what I see:
Her pacifier had been thrown overboard and she was screeching at it. She threw it over two more times before finally calling it a night. Let the games begin.
Oh we got trouble, right here in Dayton city. (anyone besides Catherine know what song I am referencing? Anyone?)
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
We found his locker, see the green apple with his name on it. Locker #9. The other apples are for the older children who come on different days/times.
Such a bright, warm room.
This is a plumeria plant, the kind of flowers they use to make Hawaiian lei's. I started growing it in early June and I am so happy to have 12 soon to be blooms. Two as you can see are blooming now. When I first planted it, it was just a stick with no leaves on it!
5. Mike and I went to see Harry Potter on Friday night and we both loved it. Our favorite HP movie of the 6 so far.
6. Talked to the lady that is going to be our realtor in Maryland. When I told her what we were looking for and our price range I think I actually heard her chuckle like "yeah right sweetie" We are in for some major sticker shock.
7. Brady (thankfully) is really loving Lucy these days. Now that she crawls, stands and really plays with toys, I guess he is starting to see her as a little friend. I took these pics this morning with my little camera and although they are not great, I'm glad to have them. She is giving him this huge wet slobbery kisses in many of them.
8. I still have so many things I want to post here on the blog but can never seem to find the time.
9. Wishing I could go to the beach.
10. At the time of the original post I said that we weren't sure what was going on with Mike's deployment but in the last few hours everything has become clear and the deployment was CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great way to end a 10 on Tuesday!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Better yet, a chocolate covered frozen banana.
That's our dear friend Gisela who's very white shirt ended up with a chocolate mess all over it.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Words that I would use to sum up a wedding we went to last weekend, when our friend from college, Lee, married his beautiful bride, Lauren.
I took approximately 260 pictures. Here are three.
Until next time.....
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
You can read the story about the amazing family here. Our dear friend, Gisela, had a hand in nominating this family. This doesn't surprise me for Gisela has such a generous, huge, loving heart.
Mike and I applied to volunteer but never got a call. We heard that the volunteer response was overwhelming. Even though I was really hoping I could help it makes my heart swell knowing that so many people wanted to help.
The "move that bus" is tomorrow around 2pm!
Below are some pics from our adventure:
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
I came home to find this beauty loving a new (old) toy.