1. Yesterday was Muffin Tin Monday and I was so excited to post a picture of Brady's new muffin tin however instead of Muffin Tin Monday if was Migraine Monday for this Mama. I tried my best to put on a happy face and take him to tumbling and to run some errands but apparently that was a mistake b/c by 1:30pm the migraine was a monster and I was sick as a dog. Feeling much better today and here is Brady's new muffin tin with his lunch in it. The muffin tin is a Wilton and those are ghosts.l-r blackberries, american cheese, kalamata olives (he'll eat a whole container!)
smoked turkey, cucumbers, crackers
2. It's a long weekend coming up (Columbus Day) so Mike has a day off on Monday! And we're going to Knoxville, TN and Gatlinburg, TN!!!! I'm so excited to get away. And Brady is going to be beside himself when he learns where we are taking him on Saturday at 5pm.....to ride this:
Oh my boys and their trains.....that is the Three Rivers Rambler Steam Train out of Knoxville. Not many steam trains left in the U.S. We were lucky to ride another of the few steam trains left in 2005 in Durango, CO with our dear friends from New Mexico. Someday we'll take Brady on that steam train too! Oh and Lucy!
3. So for one reason or another I'm not gaining any weight with Baby Lucy. My weight gain has stalled. I've been encouraged to try to gain 5 lbs by Tuesday, the 14th. I know I should relish this opportunity to eat eat eat but geez, I feel so full! I think I'm going to make a batch of these cookies called "HolyCrapTheseAreAmazing Cookies". Maybe they'll help pack on some lbs.
4. Brady asks everyday to take a "Shaving Cream Shower". He sits in the tub with the shower on and plays with shaving cream. For forever. If I let him, he'd still be in there now. Then he asks to turn the shower into a bath and continues to play with shaving cream. Oh he has so much fun....and usually the shaving cream ends up in his hair which after his hair drys it leads to some awesome "shower cream curls" for this little guy.
5. I haven't watched any of the Presidential/VP debates, perhaps I'll tune in tonight. Is it worth my time when I've already made up my mind about who I'm voting for?
6. I made this last weekend. Just covered one of those decorative stars that are so popular here in the midwest with scrapbook paper! I'll change it for Christmas!
7. Brady and I made this the other day to countdown 'til Halloween. Saw this idea on Flipflops and Applesauce
8. We took Grandma Zollars to ride the little trains at Carrilon Park this past Saturday. Mike and his Dad were at the Penn State/Purdue game at Purdue. It was a gorgeous day and we had such a nice time.
9. My sister-in-law Laura and her daughter, Mckenna are coming to Dayton to visit at the end of next week!! I am so excited to meet our new niece and it will be a perfect opportunity for Brady to spend several days with a newborn. She will be about 6 weeks old when they come. Here is a recent pic of Mckenna that Laura sent:
10. Migraine Monday took a toll on me so that is my excuse to go lie down now for a bit! Happy Tuesday.