Monday, September 22, 2008

Creative Mom's - Muffin Tin Monday

It is very inspiring and amazing to me all the wonderful woman that have blogs about motherhood and activities you can do with your little ones to spark their imaginations and creativity. Today I'm going to participate in "Muffin Tin Monday", brought to you by a blog I found called Sycamore Stirrings. The concept is that you fill up a 6 or 12 cup muffin tin with food for a meal. We usually do it once or twice a week. I just found Sycamore Stirring's blog though and she takes it to a whole new level with themes. There isn't a theme for this week's Muffin Tin but next week the theme is shapes. One of the themes was Children's Literature, the foods in the tin were themed around any children's book of your choice! How creative! I think I will have to try this one with Brady. Anyways, here is a picture of Brady's Muffin Tin lunch.

L-R Raisins, String Cheese, Pasta salad - (leftover ww spaghetti noodles, cucumbers and carrots with Italian Dressing), Wheat Thins, Raspberries, Smoked Turkey Breast.

So visit Sycamore Stirrings to see what she did with her kids and what other Mom's have done, sure does stir up mealtime, huh?


6 comments:

Erin said...

Jenny, those really look neat. It truly makes you think about what you are feeding the little one too. I have seen other mom's that pack lunches for school age kids that use bento boxes--haven't looked into this too much but they look neat.

Heidi Boos said...

Looks like an awesome lunch, especially the treat of raspberries!

Dee Light said...

Looks like a yummy lunch. I hope to take part in next weeks "shape challenge" as well. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!

katy said...

the raspberries look delicious. pretty sure I didn't consume enough of those this summer. so glad you joined in. hope to see you for the shape challenge next week.
xo
katy

The Zaisers said...

How neat. What a fun way to spice meal time up and a great way to transport food for picnic lunches.

Susie said...

I'm pretty impressed with the Muffin Tin's too- great job here :)

Site Meter