1. I had a crummy day today.
2. Mostly due to the appointment I had with the allergist. I was there for 2 1/2 hours with Brady and Lucy. They were troopers, so good, both of them. Brady especially. We were in an itty bitty tiny room for that entire time. I was ready to lose it but Brady was well behaved and didn't seem to mind one bit. I learned that I'm allergic to every grass out there, a few trees, cats and dust mites. The doc says, yes, you need allergy shots but oh you will have to come in twice a week for at least 6 months before the shots will do you any good. Seriously? Twice a week for 6 months? Forget it. In 6 months it will be September and I don't have allergies in September.
3. All of this seemed like a big deal to me. Obviously allergies are silly and not a big deal at all but I had wasted a large chunk of my day and lost all my patience while I was there. So to me, it seemed to be a big deal.
4. I came home and my house was a mess, I had no idea what to make for dinner. Brady got cranky, Lucy woke up. I wanted a nanny. I wanted a maid. I wanted a nap. Really and truly, I wanted to run away.
5. Then somehow I stumbled across this story Then my day changed. I cried for a few hours. Because I was being selfish. Because I forgot what was important in life. Because my heart ached for this family. On January 22nd they found out their sweet little girl had cancer. And on February 8th she passed away.
6. So I read on and found out that I could help them in an itty bitty tiny way. Visit this link to see all the things available on etsy (over 300 items) to help this family remember their sweet, precious 11 month old who was taken Home all too soon.
7. You can visit this link too.
8. This made me think of all my THON friends and the THON families and the amazing, unbelievable total that THON raised this past weekend. $7.49 million for pediatric cancer. It's remarkable, it makes my heart swell. Want to learn more about THON? Visit this link. GO STATE! BEAT CANCER!
9. I held Lucy extra tight the rest of the day. And I hung on to every word Brady spoke the rest of the day. And I should do this every day. And I don't. I take too much for granted.
10. Hug your babies, or your spouse or your friends extra tight tonight. And tomorrow. And always.